ROI from Managed Print Services
The ROI from Managed Print Services is well documented and you can make a strong argument for rapid ROI returns on MPS whether you are only doing limited, in-house print management or handling outsourcing for all printing, electronic document conversion, and archiving.
Savings on Material Costs MPS consolidates materials ordering and management which yields savings in a number of ways:
• Less wasted paper – Companies can reduce their hard copy costs by as much as 30 percent by consolidating copiers, multifunction printers, and paper. Most of the savings comes from wasted paper and unnecessary copies. In fact, 50 percent of printed paperwork is never actually read.
• Fewer print supplies – Consolidating print services means fewer machines, which means fewer types of toner, ink cartridges, and machine-specific supplies to stock.
• Fewer copies – By eliminating departmental printers you will change employees’ printing habits. They will be less likely to make paper copies of email messages for paper files, or printouts of their resumes or favorite recipes using MPS equipment.
• More cost-effective purchasing processes – By centralizing print services companies centralize ordering. This means stocking enough print materials, rather than duplicating paper, toner, ink cartridges, and other supplies in each department.
Savings in Staff Costs and Operating Overhead By its very nature, MPS makes more time available to staff members and promotes more efficient use of paper processes:
• Saving in staff time – How much employee time wasted running to the printer, filing papers, and reprinting misplaced paperwork?
• Savings in IT resources – The savings in IT resources is dramatic. On average, 10 percent of IT staff time is spent managing printers and print services. When you consider the average IT employee makes $80,000 per year or more, that’s more than $8,000 per IT staff member for printer support.
• Fewer help desk calls – More than 50 percent of help desk calls are for printer problems according to Gartner.• Better business process management – Contracting an MPS provider means better business organization. It formalizes paper flow in a way that naturally increases efficiency and reduces waste. Employees will think more carefully about processing the paper they generate.
Call us now to schedule a free assessment. 650-241-2344